Mavis Gallant on her work
"I wanted to live in Paris. I wanted to write fiction. And I wanted to live on it and in it."
EPU, Éditions Publibook université
Autre version disponible
The chapter divisions reflect both the step-by-step process of covering one story at a time as well as the themes and literary references that Mavis Gallant chose to dwell on. Special attention is given to the so-called interconnected stories, including the Henri Grippes and the Linnet series. Mavis Gallant's comments on the genesis of each story inevitably led to broader considerations on the subject of the creative process, raw material, fiction, and reality. Because these comments come in response to questions on her work, they allow a glimpse of the construction of the stories while giving us insight into the writer's craft. The second part of this volume includes the summaries of Gallant's two novels and of the short stories in the Selected Stories. The purpose of these summaries is to guide the reader through the conversations with Mavis Gallant and also to provide useful references to all students and academics wishing to embark on a critical analysis of Mavis Gallant's work.
Autres contributions de...
- La vie intime des matériaux compositesFrancisco Chinesta, Christine EvainPublibook
- Le Journal De Susanna MoodieMargaret AtwoodÉditions Bruno Doucey
- Conversation with Alistair MacLeodAlistair MacLeod, Christine EvainPublibook
- L'industrie du livre en France et au Canada, PerspectivesChristine Evain, Frédéric DorelL'Harmattan
- Atwood on her work, "Poems open the doors. Novels are the corridors"Christine Evain, Reena KhandpurUniversité de Nantes, CRINI
- Rencontres fortuitesMavis GallantPoints
- VOYAGEURS EN SOUFFRANCE, nouvelleMavis GallantAllusifs
- RENCONTRES FORTUITES, romanMavis GallantAllusifs
- LAISSE COULER, nouvellesMavis GallantRivages
- Laisse couler, nouvellesMavis GallantB. Pascuito
- Nouvelles de FranceMavis GallantEncre de Nuit